Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am

File Names

Tell us your suggestions and changes that you would like to see implemented into VoyeurWeb.com

File Names

Postby aikendrum » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 pm

While I appreciate the attraction of allowing meaningful file names (like "side-view.jpg"), most of the uploaded files are simply named "large.jpg", which has little utility and is an undesirable result for those who like to save to their private collections.

I would encourage you to return to unique filenames prefixed by a common posted set name. The old naming system of a posted date, followed by a unique posted setid and then a sequential counter for the ten pictures worked very well. (as in "20120508-203098-0.jpg")
aikendrum

Re: File Names

Postby VWSupport » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 am

I will ask the tech guys about this and get back to you as soon as I find out!
With Love (and lust),
Kiki
VWSupport

Postby aikendrum » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Thank you Kiki for looking into it. I await your response.

In the meantime, I also note that the links in the photo sections don't change color after viewing the linked to pages. (On my browser anyway.) The problem with that is that I can't see at a glance which pages I've already viewed. It's not the biggest issue I know, but the color change is helpful and something that used to be supported.
aikendrum

Postby NYFrank » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm

+1 on those requests.

most pics named large.jpg and the inability to see visited links are a huge problem.

The old style was great!
NYFrank

Postby VWSupport » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:58 pm

File names should be changed shortly and I have also asked them to fix the already viewed link color. You should be seeing the changes within a day or so!
With Love (and lust),
Kiki
VWSupport

Postby NYFrank » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks, Kiki!
NYFrank

Postby trpt1953 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:25 am

I'm experiencing the same "large" file name for every picture. Does this need to be corrected again?
trpt1953

Postby kpkrealtor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:04 am

I have written VW Techs 4 times and I feel that they have no intention of fixing this. Every time I get the same response that they will look into it and it should be fixed soon. It has been over a month now and nothing has changed. I feel that those in power feel that we will just get used to the change life if easier on the staff at VW. I for one have only visited VW to check if they have fixed the file name problem since it started. I have been with VW almost since the beginning and I hope that VW will take this as a serious issue for most of us that like to save the photos that we like. It would change the whole experience for me if I had to type in my own file name for each save, or stop saving all together. Let VW know that this needs to change back to the way it was!
kpkrealtor

Postby RalphGhe » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:27 am

Still no color change in Red *****. And in the other sections it sometimes doesn't happen.
RalphGhe

Return to Suggestions and Changes